Technical Support Specialist
PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS JOB POSTING
Westcoast IT is a rapidly growing Managed Services company based on the North Shore. We provide our clients with high quality consultation and technical support in a user-friendly manner. We believe using technology is exciting, fun and creates efficiency for our customers. We are looking to build our staff team with people who are ambitious, who love to learn and who want to be part of a fast paced and growing company.
The Technical Support Specialist is the first line of technical support of all service requests from our clients. This is a central position within our organization as you will touch on all aspects of our technologies and clients. We are looking for someone that is confident and comfortable when working with clients, with the ability to empathize effectively regarding their request, enabling the successful troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolution of the issue at hand. We're looking for someone who can work both proactively and reactively, depending on the needs of the situation, on networks, desktops, laptops, applications, phones, tablets, and email. You will work with the team to develop processes to continually improve service delivery. Communication and social skills are key as you will be responsible for managing client expectations and providing excellent customer service. You must be friendly and speak clearly.
You will be working remotely from our office. If you love talking to a variety of customers daily and touching all aspects of technology, this is the job for you. This position will challenge and develop your trouble shooting skills.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- 1+ years of technical support work experience
- Desktop support including workstations, mobile devices, and printers
- Contact Vendors and manufactures to provide support
- Must have hands-on PC repair background
- Fantastic communication skills with our clients and our team
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012+
- Hands on knowledge of technologies from: Microsoft technologies, virtualization and cloud, wide area networking, storage, wireless networking and thin clients.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and; work on multiple service tickets and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to support Meraki and Lync
- Certifications: Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, SonicWall, Network Security
- Experience with ConnectWise and Labtech
- Network+, Cisco Certifications
- 1+ years of experience in support and management of network infrastructures
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Possession of a valid BC driver's license and able to drive to client locations
- Criminal record check required upon hiring
What We Offer
A great team of people to work with in a fun work environment, plus:
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Access to onsite Gym
- Social Activities
- Seasonal Bonus
40-60K Wage + Benefits
THIS IS AN OPEN BOOK TEST: Please email your resume in PDF format with a cover letter explaining why you think you are a great candidate and include wage expectations. Send everything to email@example.com, attn: Karen Barre.
Preference given to North Vancouver residents, our office is in North Van and we require an 8:15am start time. Thank you very much for your interest and we look forward to speaking with you soon!