Technical Support Specialist (Help Desk Tier 1)
PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS JOB POSTING
Westcoast IT is a rapidly growing Managed Services company based in the North Vancouver. Our mission is to empower local entrepreneurs to achieve greatness. We believe using technology is exciting, fun and creates efficiency for our clients. We are looking to build our staff team with people who are ambitious, who love to learn and who want to be part of a fast paced and growing company.
The Technical Support Specialist is the first line of technical support of all service requests from our clients. If you are a recent graduate or are just starting out in technical support this is an ideal position for you. We have established training, documentation and mentorship to support you as you learn the ropes in a Help Desk Role. Our company is robust, and growing rapidly, which means there are many opportunities for moving up.
We are looking for someone that is confident and comfortable when working with clients, with the ability to empathize effectively regarding their request, enabling the successful troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolution of the issue at hand. Communication and social skills are key as you will be responsible for managing client expectations and providing excellent customer service. You must be friendly and speak clearly.
We're looking for someone who can work both proactively and reactively, depending on the needs of the situation, on networks, desktops, laptops, applications, phones, tablets, and email. You will work with the team to develop processes to continually improve service delivery.
You will be working remotely on our client computers from within our office. If you love talking to a variety of customers daily and touching all aspects of technology, this is the job for you. This position will challenge and develop your trouble shooting skills.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Certificate or higher in a computer related field and/or 1+ years of technical support work experience
- Desktop support including workstations, mobile devices, and printers
- Ability to contact vendors and manufactures to provide support
- Must have hands-on PC repair background
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012+
- Hands on knowledge of technologies from: Microsoft technologies, virtualization and cloud, wide area networking, storage, wireless networking and thin clients.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and; work on multiple service tickets simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Possession of a valid BC driver's license and able to drive to client locations
- Criminal record check required upon hiring
- Experience with ConnectWise and Labtech
- Office 365 Administration
- Certifications: Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, SonicWall, Network Security
What We Offer
A great team of people to work with in a fun work environment, plus:
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Access to onsite Gym
- Social Activities
- Opportunity for bonuses and cash prizes
35-50K Wage + Benefits
Preference given to North Vancouver residents, our office is in North Van and we require an 8:15am start time. Thank you very much for your interest and we look forward to speaking with you soon!
THIS IS AN OPEN BOOK TEST: Please submit your resume in PDF format with a cover letter explaining why you think you are a great candidate and include wage expectations. Address all correspondence to Karen Barre.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers